The 50th Reunion

May 1-2, 2009 Okay, all you fence sitters! It's time to get your stuff in the mail. You are going to miss out! DO IT NOW! SCHEDULE BELOW! Bring your cameras, your old photo albums and your best memories! BRING YOUR FRIENDS! -------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Warts and All

I didn't make the effort to go to the BBQ in the fall following our 45th Reunion. I felt like I had seen 'everybody' just a few months before, so why bother? I heard what a great time everyone had and how cool it was to see folks from other classes, but I really couldn't remember many people from other classes . . . and I needed to cut the grass . . . and I had to stop off at the mall . . . .

Last fall, I went. If you are on the list, you'll soon find out how special it is to be "Lost in the 50s."

If you are NOT on the list and don't plan to crash the gate on Saturday, you won't know
  • how many old friends from other years that you will miss,
  • be able to check out the line of classic 50s vehicles,
  • be able to sway with the music of your youth,
  • get a copy of the souvenir program book with its photos and class notes,
  • see that one person who came to see you.
As my two-year-old granddaughter Lucy says, "Too bad."

And, no. I didn't lose any weight, get my hair colored, submit to botox or have nips and tucks for the big day, but I AM looking forward to Saturday. I hope others will join me. Warts and all!

AAB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my story too. This will be my second Annual 50's BBQ, and am looking forward to seeing you.

Annette Bush said...

Oh, dear. Now I have to read all the nametags to find 'anonymous.' I guess I'll just have to hug everybody!
A