The 50th Reunion

May 1-2, 2009 Okay, all you fence sitters! It's time to get your stuff in the mail. You are going to miss out! DO IT NOW! SCHEDULE BELOW! Bring your cameras, your old photo albums and your best memories! BRING YOUR FRIENDS! -------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 22, 2007

And The Sun Was Shining! Part I

Down Memory Lane

Saturday's flurry of concerns over the black clouds was cleared away today by the blue skies and bright sunlight. After turning off the main road onto the farm driveway, I parked and caught a golf cart ride down Memory Lane.

The line of classic cars on the right started the memories pinging in my head. (The cars got a lot of attention all day so I suspect others had a few fond memories as well.)

I headed to the registration tent on the left where each class had been assigned a color and given a 'headquarters' sign representing one of 'our' drive-ins. Stopping at Timmerman's Fly-In/Drive-In, I got my nametag with the green dot and my old annual photo. I remembered how the little planes would taxi up to the fence and get their hamburgers, fries and milkshakes. I thought about some other things, too. . . . Ah, more memories. Blush.

I sat with Butch, Mary and Judy H.J. for a bit and and then made a Coke run. What a line! And some more familiar faces. Thanks to Maxie and Judy S.T., I was able to get near the head of the line and deliver souvenir cups of refreshment back to the registration table pretty quickly -- it was a lo-o-ong line.

There were so many faces and this year's trip down memory lane had just begun.

AAB

No comments: