The 50th Reunion

May 1-2, 2009 Okay, all you fence sitters! It's time to get your stuff in the mail. You are going to miss out! DO IT NOW! SCHEDULE BELOW! Bring your cameras, your old photo albums and your best memories! BRING YOUR FRIENDS! -------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

And The Sun Was Shining! Part II

In The Sun and Shade

I quickly realized that there were so many people whom I didn't recognize and others that I just didn't know, so I began to look for green dots.

I joined the groups greeting each other across the grass, gathering for conversation in the shade, checking out the souvenir tent and enjoying the entertainment.

And I stood in the long food line in the shade of the Murphy Pavilion where banana pudding made it worth the wait.

In the afternoon, there was a stir of excitement as our host Robert Murphy (in the "good guy" white hat) drove 'Elvis' to the show in his baby-blue T-Bird. It was so cool, that I forgot to get a picture. (Jeff Barnes and his back-up team gave two great shows. Jeff's Elvis is an annual favorite.)

Each year, as 'new' old classes are welcomed to the roster, the event is tweaked by Robert and his class committees. Judy's Volunteers make things run smoothly and let classmates just enjoy visiting.

It's a great day in the Sun and Shade. I've marked my calendar for the 3rd Saturday in October 2008.

AAB

No comments: